Please people download and read this report. It will have you shaking your head. This report is a joke. There is no there, there. It says basically Russian wants and is trying to influence our elections using propaganda, news outlets, and releasing of data collected to hurt targets. All a big, no shit! They’ve been doing that for like 70+ years now. Here is an example of the explosive (SARC) information released in this report.
ODNI Statement on Declassified Intelligence Community Assessment of Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent U.S. Elections
Public Disclosures of Russian-Collected Data. We assess with high confidence that the GRU used the Guccifer 2.0 persona, DCLeaks.com, and WikiLeaks to release US victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly and in exclusives to media outlets.
· Guccifer 2.0, who claimed to be an independent Romanian hacker, made multiple contradictory statements and false claims about his likely Russian identity throughout the election. Press reporting suggests more than one person claiming to be Guccifer 2.0 interacted with journalists.
· Content that we assess was taken from e-mail accounts targeted by the GRU in March 2016 appeared on DCLeaks.com starting in June. We assess with high confidence that the GRU relayed material it acquired from the DNC and senior Democratic officials to WikiLeaks. Moscow most likely chose WikiLeaks because of its self-proclaimed reputation for authenticity. Disclosures through WikiLeaks did not contain any evident forgeries.
· In early September, Putin said publicly it was important the DNC data was exposed to WikiLeaks, calling the search for the source of the leaks a distraction and denying Russian “state-level” involvement.
· The Kremlin’s principal international propaganda outlet RT (formerly Russia Today) has actively collaborated with WikiLeaks. RT’s editor-in-chief visited WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London in August 2013, where they discussed renewing his broadcast contract with RT, according to Russian and Western media. Russian media subsequently announced that RT had become "the only Russian media company" to partner with WikiLeaks and had received access to "new leaks of secret information." RT routinely gives Assange sympathetic coverage and provides him a platform to denounce the United States. These election-related disclosures reflect a pattern of Russian intelligence using hacked information in targeted influence efforts against targets such as Olympic athletes and other foreign governments. Such efforts have included releasing or altering personal data, defacing websites, or releasing emails.
· A prominent target since the 2016 Summer Olympics has been the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), with leaks that we assess to have originated with the GRU and that have involved data on US athletes. Russia collected on some Republican-affiliated targets but did not conduct a comparable disclosure campaign.
This is the most damming parts. Is this enough for you? Read the whole report yourself. You’ll find out that Russia is active in Propaganda efforts (really?), that they have their own television network (RT, duh!), and that they engage in cyber espionage against US political organization (yes they are adversaries, oh and we do it too.)
In the very beginning they say that, “We assess Putin, his advisers, and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump over Secretary Clinton.” Yet give zero evidence of this actually being the case. If they were the force behind the release of the Podesta emails, could it be that these people, Podesta, Clinton and many other advisors proved the fitness to work in government by their complete incompetence and security avoidance? Perhaps Trump and the RNC simply weren’t using P@ssword as their passwords or didn’t send this information to a fake site which every private and airman is trained not to do.
There is also this tidbit in the report:
Russian Cyber Intrusions Into State and Local Electoral Boards. Russian intelligence accessed elements of multiple state or local electoral boards. Since early 2014, Russian intelligence has researched US electoral processes and related technology and equipment. · DHS assesses that the types of systems we observed Russian actors targeting or compromising are not involved in vote tallying.
And finally, weren’t the emails authentic? This would not make stealing them or releasing the ok but is a factor.
The narrative will be that it’s all in the classified version, well why put this weak ass report out then. It has nothing but innuendos and knowledge that has been around for years.
Remember, nothing happened after the hacks by China, North Korea and others.
OPM was one of the worst.
The agency said hackers stole “sensitive information,” including addresses, health and financial history, and other private details, from 19.7 million people who had been subjected to a government background check, as well as 1.8 million others, including their spouses and friends. The theft was separate from, but related to, a breach revealed last month that compromised the personnel data of 4.2 million federal employees, officials said.
Both attacks are believed to have originated in China, although senior administration officials on Thursday declined to pinpoint a perpetrator, except to say that they had indications that the same actor carried out the two hacks.
Remember when we sent 25 diplomats back to China? Yeah, I don’t either.