Many New Yorkers on Tuesday were asking what the Obama administration could have been thinking when it authorized an Air Force One backup plane to fly over the city for photos capturing the presidential plane with the Statue of Liberty in the background. (FOXNEWS)What were they thinking?
Why they were thinking that this would continue the non-serious approach to running the country this administration seems to have. Photo Ops are everything…
How’s that dealing with the Taliban working out for you?
Which is ok since he actually switched years ago. Many on the left are claiming that the GOP is in trouble and that people are leaving in droves. I would say some of this is correct but not for the reasons the Left would like. Many are going Libertarian as they tire of both parties and see no difference in the parties elected officials. You see, Specter feels he has a better shot at re-election as a Democrat. So much for values…
Cabinet officials not yet in place:
I noticed yesterday that White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs stated:
"I want to be very clear here: There is a team in place. Part of it is standing behind me, and part of it working as we speak to identify exactly what [Besser] and others have talked about," Gibbs said. "This notion that somehow that if there is not currently a secretary, that there is not the function that needs to take place to prepare for either this or any other situation is just simply not the case.
"I think it’s all hands on deck, and we’re doing fine."
So why do we need these positions then? Just asking….
1. Simplify the tax code – flat tax seems right to me.
2 Limit government and government spending. We have all delt with the government in so many ways. How often have you seen it run effecient? Government is for security and infrastructure not social engineering. Feel good programs need to be left to the public sector. If the populace won’t support it then we don’t need it.
3. No company is too big to fail. Failure is how you learn I’m always hearing. Well let’s let some of these companies learn a bit.
4. Get the law out of my bedroom or house. When we create too many laws, that won’t be read or known they are not for the public good. Do you know how many laws you break daily? Probably not but I bet you break a number of them. This gives the government too much control.
5. If people want to hurt themselves let them, makes more room for the rest of us.
6. Education is not about money. It’s about a curriculum that makes sense and standards to be upheld. That doesn’t take lots of money.
7. I don’t want social workers at school I want teachers. Besides ever met a social worker that actually did any good? I bet not many.
8. Teachers should be of the highest caliber and paid for it. But don’t hand out certificates without some knowledge and skills that can’t be tested.
9. Last and one of the most important things. Don’t be afraid to say what you believe, even if the world seems against you. You’ll find a lot of others think the same way. The activist have taken this country and normal citizens need to take it back. Use that vote, that microphone and your purchasing power.
Anyway my thoughts on this TAX protest and Tea Party day.
Richard Phillips the Captain that gave himself up for his crew is free. Three Somali pirates are dead and one is in captivity. This is exactly how this situation should have ended. The message must be clear, capture our citizens then you better prepare for the afterlife.
As the pirates shot in the air, Phillips told his crew to lock themselves in a cabin and surrendered himself to safeguard his men, crew members said. Phillips was then held hostage in an enclosed lifeboat that was closely watched by U.S. warships and a helicopter in an increasingly tense.
I don’t think this Captain will have any trouble keeping or raising a crew for his ship.
Damn, hurts me to give kudos to the Navy but well… Good job!
Still kind of nice. I am really ready for summer though. My motorcycle is calling.
Hope and change…. hows that working out? Well look…
The news is that people don’t want the government to fire CEOs of large companies that took the bailout money. You see I don’t think people have really changed their minds on firing these CEOs but they see a problem with Government trying to take over businesses. Of course they should have thought of that prior to the 2008 elections if you ask me. There is a fear that government will not stop at the companies taking the bailout funds but continue on to any company that doesn’t operate the way this administration wants. It’s a legitimate fear. One that I have. That doesn’t change the fact that if my money (taxpayer) is going to bail a company out ( I disagree with this whole idea anyway) than I want the leaders of that company fired.
For too long and for some unknown reason companies continue to offer unbelievable golden parachutes and bonuses to people that most often fail them. I don’t understand it but the company and shareholders need to feel the pain also. Too many corporate boards seem to think there is no one else for the position. Well folks there is always someone else for the position. In the mean time if I have to pay the company CEOs salary then I want a new one.